> Tyler Hendrix Gallmann Bennett – Psalm 55:22
> Lauren Victoria Bledsoe – St. Matthew 6:33
> Rachel Elizabeth Fahs – Acts 16:31
We praise God that He has increased their knowledge and strengthened their faith through their study of the basics of His Word. It is our sincere prayer that they will regularly and faithfully attend worship, hear, read, and study God’s Word, and partake of Holy Communion so that by the work of the Holy Spirit they will continue to mature in the Christian faith and life.
- Sunday Adult Class: This class will continue to meet every Sunday during June, July, and August. The class meets at 9:00AM in the Dorcas Room. Our study will focus on what Lutherans believe concerning “The Means of Grace” which is the Holy Scriptures and the Sacraments of Holy Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- Bible BBQ: This class will meet in the pavilion every Wednesday, beginning June 18th. (We will meet in the Fellowship Hall in the event of rain and/or cold.) We will eat from 5:30PM – 6:15PM. Hamburgers, hot dogs, and drinks will be supplied. Participants are asked to bring a salad or dessert. A free will offering will be collected. The study will run from 6:15PM – 7:15PM. The topic of study is “Miracles of Jesus”. If you would like to attend, please sign your name on the proper sign-up sheet on the church lounge table.
- Bible Breakfast: The last class for the summer will be Tuesday, June 10th. The class will resume on Tuesday, September 16. We will continue our study of Genesis.
Favorite Hymns: During the summer months Pastor would like to use some of your favorite hymns in our worship services. The use of the hymns will be based upon the service theme and whether or not we have the hymn’s music and words. There is a sign-up sheet on the table in the church lounge. Please write the name of your favorite hymn(s) on that sheet.
Coffee Hour Host today is the Men’s Club to honor our Confirmands. Thank you for hosting!
Genesee Valley Chorus will present a concert of Broadway show tunes at 3PM today in the Fellowship Hall. Come and enjoy an afternoon of relaxing entertainment and desserts. Admission is free.
Piano Recital: Piano students of Carole Aldrich will present their recital Sunday, June 8 at 3:00PM at Trinity. A reception will follow. Come and enjoy a relaxing time as 1st through 11th grades perform for you.
Baskets Needed For The Silent Auction on June 21st Beef on Weck Fundraiser for Heidi Vossler Campbell; Logan Culver, and Bill Wonderling. If you would like to donate a basket for this even, please contact Janet Carlin or Betty Wood as soon as possible. Beef On Weck Tickets are available now at $7.00 each at Hamilton Shoe Store, Richardson & Stout, Fisher’s Pharmacy, Shepherd of the Valley Church, Trinity Church and The Store in Scio.
20 Oz. Packages Of Brownie Mixes are needed for the Beef on Weck Fundraiser scheduled here at Trinity on Sat. June 21st. Please contact Kato Aldrich to donate.
Assignments for next Sunday, June 8, 2008
- Ushers: Aaron Helms, James Helms, Justin Vossler
- Altar Assistant: Dave Pinney
- Altar Guild: Janet Carlin, Janet Vargo
- Acolytes: Dave & Jane Pinney
- Lay Reader: Barb Delity
- Counters: Fran Lanphier, Ed & Lois Flurschutz, Kay McCulloch
Scripture Readings Sunday, June 8, 2008:
- Hosea 5:15-6:6
- Romans 4:13-25
- Matthew 9:9-13