Plans For This Year’S Hands And Harvest Craft Sale are underway. The date is Saturday, Oct. 5, 10am-3pm. Please spread the word to any handcrafters you may know. Tables are available for $15 each. Please contact Karalee at 593-9032 for more info. Once again, we ask everyone to bring in any items that need “re-gifting” which can be used for our Chinese Auction. Also, any medium to large-sized baskets would be welcomed. Items/baskets can be placed under the tables along the office wall in the lounge.
Reaching Rural America For Christ: Our congregation will be hosting a LCMS Rural & Small Town Mission Workshop on Saturday, September 28 from 8 to 3 here at our church. Many of our congregations are concerned about shrinking membership and fewer children and families in worship. There is no “one size fits all” solution. However through this event, congregational leaders will be encouraged as they see new opportunities for engaging their communities and filled with hope for the future. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. There is NO cost for members of our congregation to attend. Pre-registration is required. A signup sheet will be available in the lounge on the table.
In the late 70’s Trinity sponsored a Laotian family of six to come to Wellsville. Many people in the congregation including my mother Joan Collins, were instrumental in the resettlement. Bounmey Sengdara was the father, a very work oriented man. Bounmey passed away after a long illness on Aug. 3, 2013. Blessings to his family & friends. – Debbie Gerdes.
The Flowers Today are given to the Glory of God by Richard & Ruth Kling in celebration of their 56th Wedding Anniversary.
Today Is Our Potluck Coffee Hour. Thanks to everyone who brought something to share!
Celebrating Birthdays Today And This Coming Week: Aug. 25 Jimmy Joyce; Aug. 26 Gladys Murphy, Dan Vossler; Aug. 27 Brandi Dice, Bruce Hand; Aug. 30 Anna Outman.
Celebrating Anniversaries This Coming Week: Aug. 30 Richard & Ruth Kling; Larry & Marge Vossler.
We Thank the 98 members and friends who attended Worship last weekend.
- July offerings received: $10,862.97.
- July offerings needed for budget: $13,369.20.
- Year to date offerings received: $92,409.79.
- Year to date offerings needed for budget: $104,889.63.
- Deacon: Gary Shaver.
- Organist: Carole Aldrich.
- Ushers: Fred & Sally Dannheim, Shelly Dunne.
- Altar Assistant: Kay Mcculloch.
- Altar Guild: June Helmer, Kristen Kruger, Debbie Vossler.
- Acolytes: Aidan Patrick, Natalie Taylor.
- Lay Reader: Ruth Meacham.
- Counters: Ed & Lois Flurschutz, Kay Mcculloch.
- Ushers: Lou Distrola, Glen & Kristen Kruger.
- Altar Assistant: Peter Carlin.
- Altar Guild: Carol Barnes, Gary & Laurie Sagerman.
- Acolytes: Barry & Shelly Dunne.
- Lay Reader: Peter Carlin.
- Proverbs 25:2-10.
- Hebrews 13:1-17.
- Luke 14:1-14.